HOW TO INCREASE THE CTR OF YOUR SEARCH RESULTS
The obsession to appear on the first page of Google has no limit, but what about the number of people who click on your search results?
The easy way to see if the CTR of a search result is correct (or expected) is to go to Google Search Console> Search traffic> Search analytics
In the CTR column, you can easily see what your site’s CTR is for a given search term. If you choose the option of “pages”, you will see the CTR of each page of your website.
There are many elements that influence the number of clicks that a search result can attract. So, a slight change can trigger the CTR from 2% to 20%.
1. THE TITLE TAG
In SEO, the title tag greatly affects the CTR of a page and it shows the perfect balance between good SEO optimization and a good call to action.
The title tag is what usually appears at the top of a search result, and I say it because Google modifies search results to better adapt it to what the user has searched for:
Why should you have a good title?
- Although the limit is 65 characters it is advisable not to go to the limit, since the maximum length is not measured in characters. It would be advisable to use 45-50 characters to make sure the title is not cut
- Include main keywords of the pages in the title. since when the user does a search the title is very much highlighted.
- Use a good call to action, something that catches the attention of the user. A wild, neutral title will have less ability to attract attention.
- Keywords should be to the left of the title, which is where the user’s interest is focused.
2. THE META-DESCRIPTION TAG
At the SEO level meta-description (in theory) has no value or affect the positioning of a page, except the details they give to the user in the SERPS result page.
You must take the meta-description as an opportunity to convince your potential users to click on the SERP results of your website.
What should you have a good meta-description?
- As of everything, it should contain the keywords for which the page is optimized. so that they are highlighted in bold if it matches the query of the users.
- As in the title, there is also a limit of 160 characters. It is advisable to be 150-155 characters so that there is no possibility for Google to cut
- It must contain a call to action, that is, if you have an e-commerce site, you should mention the information about, for free shipping or a promotion.
3. THE URL
This is another point that you can modify for a better presentation of search results. Through breadcrumb data markers you can display the hierarchy that follows the web instead of the URL.
Why should you have a good URL?
- Make sure that the URL includes the keyword through which you want to position the page
- Make sure that your web follows a correct and logical hierarchy, that is, each product corresponds to a subcategory and category in the logical order; this will help Google better understand your web structure
- Be sure to make use of the breadcrumbs on your web, this will facilitate the process to Google
4. DATA MARKERS
Data markers are your best friends when it comes to CTR in search results. Data markers are basically fragments of HTML that you can add to your web code such that search engines can identify certain types of information.
For example, the most famous data marker is authorship, which links an article with a person, which in addition greatly increasing the CTR and helps users to find other articles by the same author:
How should data markers be implemented?
- The first thing to do is to find out all the available data markers to know which one can apply to your website.
- Once you know which ones you want to deploy, use the Google data-dialing tool. It’s very simple, just go to Google Search Console> Search appearance> Data marker and follow the instructions
- To see if you have implemented data markers well, use the Google tool to preview search results.
- The information you include must be very specific and precise if there is an error or more information (however minimal) Google will not show them.
5. IMPROVE SEO
It is more than proven that the first 4 search results take a very high percentage of clicks. According to a study by Catalyst, 83% of the clicks are carried by the first four search results. Quality Link building is the best way to improve the SEO.
But something you can never forget is that even if it is very important to appear on the first page of Google. But if you are optimizing your page for the wrong keyword, the CTR towards that page will be very low and sooner or later you are going to disappear from the search results.
Also Read :