Our operating systems are usually safe, but the threat is always there. Our smartphones were born to be connected to the outside world. It is its main advantage but it is also the door through which dangers come. It is better to be forewarned.
Being so popular, Android is one of the most vulnerable operating systems, although much of this also depends on the behavior of each user – some prefer to install applications from unofficial sites. If you are one of them with infected Android smartphone, we will tell you how to know if your Android has a virus and steps on virus removal for android.
How Virus Enter on Your Android Device?
The best way to remove the virus from an infected Android mobile is to know from where the virus has entered. Once we find it we can eject the virus from the device.
Attackers use various paths to inject the virus into the smartphone and manipulate the system files to collect your precious data.
- Downloading Apps from 3rd party sources.
- Many of the 3rd party Ad Networks inject Adware virus into smartphone.
- Downloading files from Deceptive or Harmful Sites.
- Redirects & pop-ups are also one form of necessary Malware.
- Hacking Apps which ask for unnecessary and access permission can potentially inject malware and are very much harmful.
How to know if my Android has a virus?
As we know, there are a lot of viruses and malware on the Internet that can put our smartphone at risk, and precisely in the case of Android.
Symptoms to detect virus on android
Ads and strange advertising
As we know some applications for Android that are distributed for free of charge that include advertising and ads, as this is the way that developers have to be able to monetize their creations in some way.
Strange behavior of the device
If we ever notice that while we are using our Android smartphone or tablet and strange behavior begin to happen, you can suspect the possibility of malware.
Problems when browsing
One of the most frequent practices in regards to Internet scams through malware installed on portable devices, is usually the creation of shortcuts to unwanted pages, that is, to fake DNS servers. When entering a URL that we want to visit, we are redirected to another site without our authorization.
Excessive data consumption:
When you notice that you are spending more data on your plan, it is a clue.
If you detect that an application is consuming more than it should, it is probably doing things that are not its own.
You can suspect your device is infected by a virus when you notice that the Bluetooth function is activated and deactivated automatically.
Types of viruses or malware
There are many types of malware, viruses or worms and it is good to have an idea of everything there is:
- Adware This is typical of advertising, it is not dangerous but it is certainly a nuisance.
- Spyware Steal information from your device. It does not usually produce a malfunction as it tries to go unnoticed. The booty is usually your passwords with which they can then extort you.
- Scareware. They are the ads that scare us with that we have the infected terminal or something similar so that we accept some permissions, click on a link or download a software.
- Ransomware. They usually look like police warnings and are quite dangerous since many block the device. To release them they ask for a quantity of money. After payment of the amount usually nothing happens and the device stays the same.
- Trojan It is a malware that is introduced into the device without raising suspicion to later introduce more malware.
- Worm From the English ‘worm’. It is capable of being replicated and copied to other devices. Like the typical emails that come from someone infected. They usually look for a monetary reward.
Android virus removal methods to fix your smartphone:
If you think that the Android virus is hiding in your Android phone or other device, we strongly recommend that you scan it with Reimage for tablets and smartphones. They are powerful antivirus capable of detecting malicious files and other virus components.
Sometimes, viruses block legitimate security software to prevent its removal. If this is the case, you must restart your Android device in Safe Mode before running Android Mobile Security:
- Find the power button and press it a couple of seconds until you see the menu.Click on Shutdown.
- Once you see the dialogue window that offers you to restart your Android in Safe Mode, select this option and press OK.
If this fails, simply turn off your device and turn it on again. Once it is active, try pressing and holding Menu, Volume Up, Volume Down or Volume Down and Volume Up together to see Safe Mode.
You can also try to run the removal of an Android virus manually by uninstalling the malicious app by yourself. However, you should be very careful when trying to do so, since you can remove useful apps and files for the system. For a manual removal of an Android virus, follow these steps:
Also Read: Fix pname com facebook orca error on android
Manual removal of Android virus:
- Restart your device in Safe Mode with the help of the steps above.
- When in Safe Mode, go to Settings. Once there, click on Apps or Application Manager (this may vary depending on your device).
- Here, look for malicious apps and uninstall them.
We also recommend that you deactivate the option that allows you to install apps that belong to unknown sources. To do this, go to Settings -> Security. Once there, turn off this option.
Updated Android virus removal instructions:
If nothing helps you remove Android malware from your phone or tablet, you should reset it to factory defaults. For this, you need to execute these steps:
- Click on Settings on your device. You can find it among other apps.
- Select Privacy and Factory Reset (you can also find it as a factory reset, Backup & Restart). We recommend you select the option “Back up my data” to protect them before a loss.
- Click on Restart device to remove the Android virus and other files from your device.
How to get rid of viruses or malware?
To prevent. The first thing you must do is keep all the software in the system and applications updated, in this way you will prevent the virus or malware from taking advantage of possible errors or security failures.
Common sense. Be very careful in the web pages you browse, some are very similar to the official ones and it is very easy to fall into their traps. Do not download applications from unofficial sites – always from the Play Store. And finally, be very careful when connecting to public WiFi networks.
Antivirus. In Google Play there are a lot of antivirus, we recommend you to invest time in one. We can recommend Kaspersky, with premium subscription, so that you will be more protected.
Make a backup and restore factory. In case the antivirus does not manage to eliminate the virus, we recommend you to make a backup of all your information avoiding the applications, since some of them may be the cause. Once you have finished the backup we recommend you start the problem at the root, this is achieved by doing a factory restoration of Android.
Ready, from now on you should be more careful when you browse from your Android device and in case you become infected, you know how to remove them.
We strongly recommend you to download apps only from legitimate app stores that check each program before promoting it. Google Play Store, Amazon and Samsung are trusted in this case.
Also, even if you select one of these app stores, you should double-check the app before downloading it to your device, since you can never know what type of malware can hide behind it.
To keep your device clean and ensure protection against Android viruses, you should stop visiting illegal / suspicious websites and never click on links that may appear while you visit them.