Many marketers feel that just posting the content regularly as a great strategy.content strategy should be implemented ,analyzed, and measured regularly.If they lack any one among the three they are not doing there best as a content marketers.
How to design an effective content marketing strategy
1) Analyze the products and services that your business offers
2) List out the categories of topics which need to be published on the company blog
3) Try to make different formats of the content
- Text content
- video content
- Info-graphics or whitepapers
- Make a clear idea on the targeted audience
- Are they new customers to your services ?
- Are they existed customers ?
- potential B2C buyers?
- potential B2C buyers?
4) Demographics /location
- The age/gender of your targeted audience is an important factor
- Location of your targeted audience
5) Now decide the channels through which you wanted to target your targeted audience
- For B2C Facebook is a better medium
- For B2B Twitter and linkedin is the best choice
- Youtube for video content
- Pinterest for image content
Be very active in these channels when the audience reply or respond.company representatives should engage with there audience based on set of rules set by the com[any officials. Be careful while doing this because a small mistake can make a large difference
Analyze the social media metrics through the google analytics and find whether the campaign is performing well or not.If not performing well check the traffic reports and analyze it thoroughly.As per the statistics social media drives 25% of inbound traffic.
Always maintain an Editorial calendar with the following headers :
1) Title of the content
2) Category of the content
3) Date of content creation
4) Date of content to be published
5) Name of the author
6) The audience for which the content has to be targeted
7) Outreach channels or platforms on which the blog post has to be published
8) Key performance parameters which determine the success of the content: for example likes ,downloads and conversions
The social media metrics that definately add trust factor and build confidence for the brand.When the potential customer contacts you the conversion depends how fast and accurately his queries are answered and the impression that he gathered during online search experience should match with the real time experience.
Some Important Points to be noted About Content Strategy
1) The content should be created by subject or industry experts.
2) Make sure that your content should add value to your business or audience.
3) More than 70% of B2B content marketers are producing more content than previous year.
4) Think about ROO (Return On Objective) when analising metrics.
5) The content should concentrate on the utility angle , motivate the reader somehow or sympathize with the reader so the persuer influenced by the content in a positive way to achieve the objective set
6) The main content marketing metrics are outreach, engagement and conversion.
7) Don’t sell but share knowledge.
8) Real influence isn’t huge fan following & follower counts, it’s niche communities that take action.
9) Its not about quantity of leads that we are getting, but quality and conversion rates that matter
10) Conversions may not be immediate …30% of invited executives engage in program after 6 months.
Content Resources : webpro.in